OFID Scholarships Award for International Students 2021 has launched the application to supports outstanding young individuals from developing countries. The application deadline is 11th April 2021.
Details of OFID Scholarships Award
- Funding: Fully Funded
- Open to: International Students
- Deadline: 11th April 2021
The OPEC Fund Scholarship Award supports outstanding young individuals from developing countries so that they are able to pursue graduate studies in a development-related field. This year, the OPEC Fund received more than 7,400 applications from aspiring academics from its beneficiary countries. After qualifying, many of the OPEC Fund’s student ambassadors have returned to their home countries to work in development-related fields.
The Award will cover the full cost of tuition fees, including any supplementary fees, required by your academic institution. The grant will also cover one round-trip flight between your home country and the university, health insurance, a relocation grant to help you cover additional costs of moving, and a monthly allowance for one year.
- Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
- Have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
- Also, must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
- Should be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2020, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
- Be a national of a developing country—please refer to the list of eligible countries. Please note that nationals of OFID Member Countries (Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela) are ineligible to apply.
- Needs to select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.