Applications are open for the KAAD Scholarship in Germany – Fully Funded. The scholarship is open to all nationalities and the deadline for the application in 15th March 2021.
Details of KAAD Scholarship in Germany
- Funding: Fully Funded
- Country: Germany
- Open to: All Nationalities
- Deadline: 15th March 2021
The Catholic Academic Exchange Service (KAAD) is that the scholarship institution of the German Catholic Church for post-graduate students and scientists from (developing) countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America , the Near and Middle East , also as Eastern and Southeastern Europe.
KAAD supports his scholars in sort of scholarships and academic programs and offers spiritual and private assistance in sight of future multiplying functions students will have in their home countries. this is often supported cooperation with partner committees and associations of ex-scholars in those countries and it aims at fixing (scientific) networks and at contributing to a holistic development, which incorporates the religious and inter-religious dimensions.
Scholarship Details of KAAD Scholarship in Germany
Scholarship Program 1 is addressed to post-graduates and to academics living in their home countries who already gained professional experience and who have an interest in postgraduate studies (or research stays) in Germany. This program is run by regional partner committees, staffed by university professors and church representatives. Normally documents are submitted to the committee of the applicant’s home country.
In Scholarship Program 2 they sponsor advanced foreign students from developing countries who are already enrolled during a German university. Scholarship candidates must be proposed by the corresponding Campus Ministry.
The Eastern-Europe-Program – also administered by regional partner committees – focuses mainly on shorter study or research stays in Germany. Normally, they expect that applicants reside in their home countries at the time of applying to KAAD through the regional partner committee.
Who can apply?
For the scholarship programme 1 of KAAD you’ll apply if you:
- come from a developing or emerging country in Africa, Asia, the center East or Latin America and are currently living there
- have a university degree and professional experience from your home country
- want to accumulate a master’s degree or a PhD at a German university or do a post-doctoral scientific research (2-6 months for established university lecturers) at a German university
- are a Catholic Christian (or general belong to a Christian denomination). Candidates from other religions can apply if they’re proposed by Catholic partners and may prove their commitment to interreligious dialogue
- possess German skills before starting the studies (KAAD can provide a language course of max. 6 months in Germany).
What does KAAD expect from you?
- Above-average performance in studies and research
- The orientation of your studies or research towards permanent reintegration in your home region (otherwise the scholarship is became a loan),
- Religious and social commitment (activities) and willingness to inter-religious dialogue.
- KAAD is functioning with focus- and partner countries in your region. There are so-called Partner Committees in these countries and applications are channelled via them. Applications from other countries are often considered only in exceptional cases.