Applications are open for the Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship Program- Fully Funded. This scholarship is known as Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP). The deadline for the scholarship is 21st May 2021 and is open to candidates from developing countries.
Details of Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship Program
- Funding: Fully Funded
- Country: Japan
- Open to: Developing Nations
- Deadline: 21st May 2021
The Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) is open to residents of certain developing countries with applicable expert ride and a records of assisting their countries’ improvement efforts who are making use of to a master’s diploma application in a development-related topic.
Subject to reachable funding, JJWBGSP affords scholarships for forty eight Participating Programs at universities in U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan in key areas of development, which includes financial coverage management, tax policy, and infrastructure management. Please word that if you are no longer admitted to one of these forty eight programs, you are now not eligible to practice for a JJWBGSP Scholarship in 2021.
After incomes their degree, creating u . s . students commit to return to their domestic united states of america to use their new competencies and make a contribution to their countries’ social and financial development. A JJWBGSP scholarship presents tuition, a month-to-month dwelling stipend, round-trip airfare, fitness insurance, and journey allowance.
Benefits of Joint Japan/World Bank Scholarship Program
The JJ/WBGSP scholarship affords the recipient with the following benefits:
- Economy type air journey between your domestic usa and the host college at the begin of your find out about software and right now following the give up of the scholarship period. In addition to the two-way air travel, students will get hold of a US $500 tour allowance for every trip;
- Tuition for your graduate software and the price of primary scientific insurance plan acquired thru the university.
- While on campus at some stage in the scholarship period, a month-to-month subsistence allowance to cowl all dwelling fees (accommodations, food, etc., inclusive of books). The quantity of the allowance varies relying on the host country.
Please observe all JJ/WBGSP scholarships cowl the period of the graduate application or two years, whichever is less.
The JJ/WBGSP scholarship does no longer cover:
- VISA application(s) costs
- Expenses to convey and/or aid a scholar’s household members;
- Extra-curricular guides or training;
- Courses that do no longer meet the minimal credit required to earn the graduate degree;
- Language education no longer supplied by way of the graduate program;
- Additional journey at some point of the route of the find out about program;
- Expenses associated to research, supplementary academic materials, area trips, participation in workshops/seminars, or internships; or
- Educational tools such as computers.
- Resident allow fee
Note: The JJ/WBGSP scholarship might also solely supplement, and does now not duplicate, any different supply of economic support/fellowship you would possibly have. If you are notified to be a semi-finalist or if you are awarded a scholarship, you should inform and file to the JJ/WBGSP at that time if you have different sources of scholarship funds.
Details on Eligibility Criteria for every name for functions are furnished in that call’s Application Guidelines, and these distinctive eligibility standards are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made.
Broadly speaking, Developing Country nationals must:
- Be a countrywide of a World Bank member growing country
- Not preserve twin citizenship of any developed country;
- Be in properly health;
- Hold a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) diploma earned at least three years prior to the Application Deadline date;
- Have three years or greater of latest development-related work ride after incomes a Bachelor’s (or equivalent) degree;
- Be employed in development-related work in a paid full- time function at the time of submitting the scholarship application. Have at least three years of paid development-related employment due to the fact that incomes a Bachelor’s diploma (or equal college degree) and received inside the previous 6 years from the date of the Application Deadline. Please see FAQs on how to be counted certified phase time employment towards this 3-year requirement. Please see Annex two of the Application Guidelines for a cautioned listing of development-related topics. The solely exception to this criterion is for creating united states of america nationals from a us of a that is on the listing of Fragile and Conflict States featured in Annex three of the Application Guidelines. In these awesome cases, we do take into consideration the restrained employment possibilities in these international locations listed in Annex 3.
- On or earlier than the Scholarship Application Deadline date, be admitted unconditionally (except for funding) for the upcoming educational 12 months to at least one of the JJ/WBGSP collaborating master’s programs located backyard of the applicant’s us of a of citizenship and u . s . of house listed at the time the name for scholarship purposes opens. The letter of admission should be uploaded earlier than submitting your application. For details, see “How to Apply”.
- Not be an Executive Director, his/her alternate, and/or body of workers of any kind of appointment of the World Bank Group or a shut relative of the aforementioned with the aid of blood or adoption with the time period “close relative” described as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
Please note: All eligibility standards are strictly adhered to. No exceptions are made. Eligibility standards WILL NOT alternate for the duration of an open name for applications. However, this data is challenge to alternate between the shut of one utility system and the opening of the next.
The JJ/WBGSP makes use of the following method to evaluate eligible scholarship purposes from growing united states nationals, with the purpose of figuring out the candidates with the very best potential, after completion of their graduate studies, to influence the improvement of their countries.
Two certified assessors independently assessment every eligible software and rating the utility on a scale of 1 to 10, taking into account 4 major elements and the diploma of concord amongst them:
- Quality of Professional Experience (30% weight)
- Quality of Professional Recommendations (30% weight)
- Quality of Commitment to your Home Country (30% weight)
- Quality of Education Background (10% weight)
The JJ/WBGSP Secretariat makes use of the common rating of the two assessors and the following standards to pick the finalists:
- Maintaining a moderately broad geographical distribution of awards
- Maintaining a life like distribution of awards throughout gender
- Unusual circumstances/hardships, when assessing the employment trip and different components of an application;
- Giving scholarships to these candidates who, different matters being equal, have confined get entry to to economic assets for graduate research abroad.
The JJWBGSP Secretariat gives the finalists for the Participating Program scholarship to the JJ/WBG Steering Committee (composed of contributors of the World Bank Board of Directors and WB management) for approval. Winners are notified quickly after the JJWBG Steering Committee approval.