Generation Google Scholarship: for ladies in computing was established to assist aspiring students pursuing computing degrees excel in technology and become leaders within the field. Selected students will receive $1,000 USD for the 2021-2022 academic year . Generation Google Scholarship: for ladies in computing are going to be awarded supported the strength of every candidate’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, demonstrated leadership, and academic performance. The program is hospitable students who meet all the minimum qualifications and that we strongly encourage women curious about computing to use .
Details of Generation Google Scholarship 2021
- Funding: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 29th March 2021
Generation Google Scholarship: for ladies in computing awards must be spent on tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for the students’ classes at their primary university. Scholarship recipients must be enrolled as full time students for the 2021-2022 school year . Enrollment are going to be verified after the winners are selected, and every one scholarship payments are going to be made on to the scholar to be used towards tuition and education-related expenses. we’ll withhold the award for any scholar who not meets the eligibility requirements and revoke the award for any scholar who doesn’t maintain the eligibility requirements.
Selected recipients will receive instructions from Google on the way to receive the award. Failure to finish these steps by the required deadline will disqualify recipients from receiving the award. Recipients may defer their award for up to at least one (1) year from the time of originally planned payment on a case by case basis as determined by Google. Google employees aren’t eligible to use for Google scholarships. Persons who are (1) residents of embargoed countries, (2) ordinarily resident in embargoed countries, or (3) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs might not apply for this scholarship.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to use , applicants must:
- Identify as female
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student for the 2021-2022 school year
- Be a 1st year or 2nd year student during a Bachelors program at an accredited university in one among the subsequent Asia Pacific countries/regions:
- Southeast Asia+ : Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam
- Be studying computing , or a closely related technical field
- Demonstrate a robust academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for improving representation of underrepresented groups in computing and technology
You will be asked to finish a web application which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you’ve got earned a previous degree)
- Responses to 2 short essay questions (Refer below)
- Google Online Challenge (Invitation to the challenge are going to be sent 5-7 working days post application deadline)
- Recipients are going to be selected supported the general strength of their essays and application materials compared to the whole applicant pool or respective peers (e.g. 1st year students compared to other 1st year students).