Applications are open for the Chinese Government Scholarship 2021 – Fully Funded. The scholarship is open to all nationalities and the deadline is 15th April 2021.
Details of Chinese Government Scholarship 2021
- Funding: Fully Funded
- Country: China
- Open to: All Nationalities
- Deadline: 15th April 2021
The Chinese Government Scholarships-Chinese University Program, a full scholarship found out by China’s Ministry of Education in 2008, is aimed toward promoting Chinese education brand on a world basis. Xiamen University is one among the distinguished universities designated to recruit international students to review in postgraduate degree programs under this scholarship scheme.
- Tuition fee;
- On-campus accommodation fee oroff-campus accommodation monetary subsidy (RMB 700/month for master’s programs; RMB 1,000/month for doctoral programs);
- Living allowance (RMB 3,000/month for master’s programs; RMB 3,500/month for doctoral programs);
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
Note: Other expenses for study in China, like international travel expenses, cost of physical examination, margin and utility costs for on-campus accommodation, and price in fact materials, should be borne by the scholarship recipients themselves.
Eligibility for Chinese Government Scholarship 2021
- Applicants must meet the wants of the repective programs they’re applying for.
- Educational background and age limits (as of September 1, 2021):
- Master’s programs: hold a baccalaureate or above and be under the age of 35;
- Doctoral programs: hold a academic degree or above and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants who apply for Master of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL) or programs of foreign language studies aren’t eligible.
Duration of Scholarships
- Master’s programs: 2 or 3 years;
- Doctoral programs: 4 years.
(1) For those that haven’t met the entry requirements of Chinese proficiency level and need to require remedial Chinese courses before the main study in Chinese, they ought to also present the HSK certificate when applying. Applicants for programs within the humanities, economics, management, law, arts and traditional Chinese medicine got to have a Chinese proficiency certificate of HSK band 4 with a score of 180 or above; applicants for programs in sciences, engineering and medicine got to have a certificate of HSK band 3 with a score of 180 or above. Only by passing the specified HSK test within the primary year and meeting the entry requirements of the relevant degree programs could they then start the main study.
(2) Scholarship recipients shall participate within the annual review in accordance with the relevant management regulations of the scholarships. those that pass the review can still apply for or enjoy the scholarships within the next school year . those that fail the review are going to be suspended or disqualified from the scholarships. the precise regulations and methods of the annual review shall be subject to the newest notice issued within the current year.
Application Period: February 1 to April 15, 2021.
- Applicants shall complete online application at https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn (Program Category: Type B; Agency No. of XMU: 10384) and print out the appliance Form for Chinese Government Scholarships. The Scholarships form should be completed in Chinese or English and signed by the applicant.
- Applicants shall complete another online application at http://application.xmu.edu.cn and upload the scan copy of form for Chinese Government Scholarships. there’s no got to mail paper application materials.
(1) Applicants are expected to submit an entire set of application materials and can be held liable for the authenticity of their documents. Incomplete or forged application materials are going to be rejected.
(2) Applicants are expected to stay their phones on, check their email and online application account regularly as XMU’s Admissions Office will contact them when necessary.
Selection and Notification
A comprehensive review are going to be conducted on applicant’s academic record, language proficiency, overall merits, research achievements and their prospective supervisor’s comments. The shortlisted candidates are going to be submitted to China Scholarship Council for final approval.
The final results are going to be published at https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn in early August.