Applications are open for the Asian Development Bank Scholarship 2021 – Fully Funded. The deadline for the scholarship is 31st April for most of the universities. The ADB-Japan Scholarship Program (JSP) offers about 140 postgraduate scholarships a year for studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields.
Details of Asian Development Bank Scholarship 2021
- Funding: Fully Funded
- Country: Hongkong, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, USA
- Deadline: 31st April 2021
The Japan Scholarship Program (JSP) was established in 1988 to supply a chance for well-qualified citizens of developing member countries to undertake postgraduate studies in economics, business and management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at selected 29 educational institutions in 10 countries in Asia and therefore the Pacific. Between 1988 and 2015, Japan contributed US$170 million to the JSP. a complete of three ,500 scholarships are awarded to recipients from 37 member countries, 40% of which are female scholars. This brochure provides general information on the JSP.
The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and therefore the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. It assists its members and partners by providing loans, technical assistance, grants, and equity investments to market social and economic development.
The ADB-JSP provides:
- full tuition fees
- monthly subsistence allowance (including housing)
- books and instructional materials
- medical insurance
- travel expenses
- For scholars engaged in research, a special grant could also be available for thesis preparation. In special circumstances, computer literacy, preparatory language and other similar courses could also be covered under the scholarship.
- Citizen of an ADB borrowing member and Japanese Official Development Assistance scholarship eligible country.
- Gained admission to an approved course in any of the 25 institutions.
- A baccalaureate or its equivalent with superior academic record.
- At least 2 years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application.
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. For programs which are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the regulation is 45 years old.
- In healthiness .
- Should comply with return to his or her home country after completion of studies under the program.
- Executive directors, alternate directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and shut relatives of the aforementioned aren’t eligible for the scholarship.
- Staff of ADB–JSP partner institutions aren’t eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants living or working during a country aside from his or her home country aren’t eligible for scholarships.
- ADB–JSP doesn’t support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs