Applications are open for the 2021 SDG Fellowship in Germany – Fully Funded. The deadline of the appliance is 31st May 2021 and is open all nationalities.
Details of 2021 SDG Fellowship in Germany
- Funding: Fully Funded
- Country: Germany
- Open to: All Nationalities
- Deadline: 31st May 2021
Through this fellowship program, tenured faculty (in the rank of professor) at the University of Bonn can invite international postdoctoral fellows for a joint scientific research on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as set forth by the United Nations in its Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development. The scientists should research and teach along side a professor from the University of Bonn for one or two semesters.
The University of Bonn currently features a sizable amount of collaborations with universities and research institutes in Africa, Asia and Latin America . As shown by the SDG index, implementing the Sustainable Development Goals poses considerable challenges for several countries in these regions. supported the 17th Sustainable Development Goal, “Partnerships for the Goals,” researchers within the above-mentioned regions are given preference for the Bonn SDG Fellowships. The goal is to support talented researchers and build and strengthen networks through them.
The funding is for a period of a minimum of 3 and less than 12 months.
Benefits of 2021 SDG Fellowship in Germany
The funding can cover the following:
- A allowance (depending on country of origin)
- A scholarship of € 3,000 per month (additional funds for family members: up to € 300 for a spouse and € 250 per child)
- A research expense allowance of up to € 500 per month are often submitted to the International Office after the fellowship has been awarded. Information on applying for the allowance are going to be given your fellowship award.
Insurance benefits aren’t included within the scholarship.
Post-doctoral researchers (with foreign citizenship) invited by a professor of the University of Bonn for a joint scientific research . the guy should research or teach at a university or research institute within the above-mentioned regions and demonstrate proven expertise in a neighborhood of research from the thematic spectrum of the SDGs.
Please note that we cannot match and establish contact between interested fellows and school at the University of Bonn.
- The quality of the scientific research to be worked on during the stay in Bonn
- Work on a subject that contributes to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as set forth by the United Nations in its Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development
- Relevance of the research topic to developments within the region of origin
- The fellow’s contribution to academic life in Bonn (e.g. via public lectures, seminars or colloquiums)
- The fellow’s integration into the host institute (place of labor , integration into existing teaching and research activities)
- Follow-on value: an idea for future collaboration projects between the guy and therefore the host institute in Bonn
What does the appliance include?
- Online form
- Project description (PDF of max. 8 pages), consisting of:
- An outline of the scientific research to be worked on during the fellow’s stay in Bonn
- Reasons for the fellow’s invitation and an outline of his or her contribution to research and teaching at the University of Bonn, an overview of the activities through which the guy will enrich university life at the University of Bonn during his or her stay there
- An overview of the collaboration between the applicant and therefore the fellow thus far
- An outline of the mixing of the guy into the host institute (place of labor , participation in teaching and research activities)
- An outline of follow-on value: (a) plan for the result of the stay, (b) plan for growing the collaboration within the future.
- Fellow’s CV (PDF)
- A financing plan