Applications are open for 2021 Nippon Foundation Nikkei Scholarship in Japan- Fully Funded. This project is aimed at providing an opportunity to study in Japan for young Japanese descendants having definite plans and dreams of promoting understanding between the country of resident and Japan and contributing to the development of the country of resident and local communities.
Details of 2021 Nippon Foundation Scholarship in Japan
- Funding: Fully Funded
- Country: Japan
- Open to: Specific Countries
- Deadline: 31st July 2021
The scholarship will be provided to 5 selected candidates.
The Nippon Foundation Nikkei Scholarship covers the following things
- Round-trip airfare.
- Any expense to be paid to the school including examination fee, admission charge, tuition, course materials, etc.
- Living expense (130,000 yen/month), housing expense (max. 50,000 yen/month), key money (max. 200,000 yen), student commutation ticket, medical insurance premium (fraternal insurance), etc.
- Expenses for group workshops and participation fees for academic conferences.
Applicants must have the following criteria
- Japanese descents (regardless of nationality, educational background or previous visits to Japan).
- Be 18 to 35 years old in principle.
- Recommended by overseas Japanese descent organizations.
- Have a dream of acquiring technical knowledge and, after returning home, playing active roles in the countries of resident and local communities.
- Have a dream of working as a bridge for their countries of resident and Japan by making most of overseas study experiences.
- Willing to participate in overseas students’ volunteer activities and social action programs.
- Country: Mainly in Central and South America area (Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, etc)
- Primary selection: Documentary examination in the first 10 days of September
- Secondary selection: Interview between the last 10 days of September and the first 10 days of October
- Final decision of acceptance/rejection: Late October
Applicants must send the following documents to the office by July 31.
- Personal History (Form 1)
- Composition (Form 2)
- Overseas Study Plan (Form 3)
- Informal Letter of Acceptance (Form 4) (Optional. For applicants who were already admitted to the schools in Japan)
- Medical Certificate (Form 5)
- Letter of Recommendation by overseas Japanese descent organizations (Form 6)
- Letter of Commitment (Form7)
- Graduation certificate or student registration certificate (translation required)