Join Free Online Course on Norwegian Language. Master the basics of the Norwegian language. Gain confidence in speaking and understanding common phrases.
Learn how to have a basic conversation in Norwegian
For anyone moving to Norway to live or work, learning the Norwegian language is key to integrating into Norwegian life.
On this course, you’ll learn the basics of Norwegian. You’ll start by finding out how to introduce yourself and others. You’ll learn how to say where you live and describe where you are from.
Next, you’ll understand how to talk about your daily routine, enquire about the time and ask for directions. You’ll also explore Norwegian customs and what life is like in Norway.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to have a basic conversation in Norwegian.
Who is the course for?
The Online Course on Norwegian Language course is aimed at English speakers who want to learn Norwegian.
What software or tools do you need?
On this course, you will need to use Norwegian characters on your computer keybord.
What topics will you cover?
- Week 1: Introducing yourself, simple statements
- Week 2: Simple statements and questions, simple negative statements, basic travel vocabulary and numbers
- Week 3: Asking for information, furniture, days of the week, time expressions
- Week 4: Asking for directions, further time expressions
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to
- Apply very basic knowledge about grammatical rules of inflection and word order in Norwegian
- Improve and learn basic vocabulary of Norwegian everyday language
- Develop very basic communication skills in Norwegian
Who developed the course?
The course is developed by Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU)
NTNU is the largest of the eight universities in Norway, and, as its name suggests, has the main national responsibility for higher education in engineering and technology.