The Complutense International Model of United Nations hosted by UCM MUN in Madrid, Spain. Ever since its first edition 5 years ago, our Conference has been the meeting place of students from all over the world with a passion for international relations, world affairs and critical thinking.
- Event Date: 19th to 22nd November 2020
- Number of Delegates: 250
- Country: Spain
- Fee: €35.00
- Open for: All nationalities
Model UN as an experience that goes far beyond the debate sessions and social events. These conferences are an opportunity to get involved with today’s world, a space to meet people and seek solution to present-day conflicts. COMPIMUN is a platform for OUR voice to be heard, where you get the chance to start conversations that will shape tomorrow’s world.
Committes of Complutense International Model of United Nations
PNUD (Programa de las Naciones Unidas para el Desarrollo)
- Development of measures against catastrophes derived from climate change.
- Social and labor integration of disabled people
UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees)
- Access to education for refugee children.
- Violence against migrant women
UNCTAD (United Nations Conference on Trade and Development)
- Investment, innovation and entrepreneurship for productive capacity-building and sustainable development
- Investment and development measures to protect international trade from the coronavirus crisis
DISEC (UN General Assembly First Committee – Disarmament and International Security Committee)
- Maritime security in shipping channels: the Malacca Strait
- Redefining cyber security in the midst of 5G development
COPUOS (Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space)
- Privatization of the Moon
- Use of orbits for economic and scientific purposes
SPECPOL (UN General Assembly Fourth Committee – Special Political and Decolonization Committee)
- Viability of establishing the bases for a Rohingya State
- Implications of present-day neocolonization
The untold greatest nuclear crisis ever: Andropov nuclear crisis
- Two committees:
- NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization)
- Andropov cabinet
International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY)
- Changing the landscape of International Humanitarian Law: Prosecution of Slodoban Milosevic, Milan Milutinovic, Milan Martic, and Vlastimir Dordevic
- The fight in 1910s London for women’s suffrage