Apply for the Vacancy for Oversight Experts at European Central Bank in Germany. The deadline for the application is 27th July 2020.
The position offers you excellent opportunities to actively contribute to ensuring the safety and efficiency of the euro area financial market infrastructure in the face of changes resulting from technological advances and increasingly globally interconnected markets, and against a background of globally growing risks including cyber threats, pandemics and climate change. The job providers are developing novel approaches and use state-of-the-art tools in our work that often subsequently become globally recognized benchmarks. You will be part of a multicultural, diverse team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
- Deadline: 27th July 2020
- Country: Germany
- Job Type: Full Time
Duties of Vacancy for Oversight Experts
- Assess individual FMIs and other entities in the FMI or payments business.
- Also, propose and assess risk-mitigating oversight measures.
- Likewise, develop and oversee the harmonized application of oversight policies, methodologies, etc.
- Additionally, prepare, present and review drafts and analyses on wide array topics, including policy-related, methodological and operational documents, promoting a harmonized approach to oversight;
- Also, prepare and conduct meetings with relevant strategic partners and counterparts, represent the Oversight Division on technical and specific policy issues in particular, and present the outcome of assessments and analyses and the ECB stance, including in international working groups and fora.
- A master’s degree or equivalent in finance, economics, business administration, law, information technology, political science or another relevant field
- In addition to the above, at least five or more years’ experience in the field of oversight
- Or supervision, risk management or operations of an FMI or another relevant entity in the FMI or payments business, with in-depth experience in at least one of the following: payments, securities settlement, or central clearing;
- Also, a good understanding of oversight/supervisory techniques applied in the area of financial market infrastructures and payments, as well as of relevant regulatory requirements, standards and developments;
- Likewise, hands-on experience in at least one of the following: -¢ drafting oversight/supervisory assessment reports
- Additionally, an advanced (C1) command of English and an intermediate (B1) command of at least one other official language of the EU.
- A sound understanding of emerging trends and innovation in the FMI ecosystem.
- Experience of cooperative oversight arrangements/supervisory colleges;
- A high level of tact, policy sensitivity, presentation and communication skills, drafting skills, negotiation skills, and initiative.