Apply for the Vacancy for Assistant Teacher at Save the Children in the USA. The position of Assistant Teacher assists in the instruction of preschool-aged children in activities designed to promote social-emotional, physical, and cognitive growth. Assistant Teachers are also responsible for assisting the Teacher in the general day-to-day operations of the Head Start classroom.
Details of Vacancy for Assistant Teacher
- Deadline: 10th August 2020
- Country: USA
- Job Type: Full Time
- Engage with children during all activities throughout the day; provide constant supervision of children during all learning activities indoors and outdoors and ensure a safe environment.
- Additionally, assist in planning and conducting activities with Head Start Teacher to meet the individual needs of children in accordance with the daily schedule.
- Also, guide and facilitate activities with Head Start Teacher including classroom projects and field trips.
- Likewise, maintain classroom management using developmentally appropriate techniques.
- Provide a safe and developmentally-appropriate learning environment; interact with children one-on-one and in small groups.
- Also, protect the safety of children by implementing active supervision techniques to ensure no child is left alone or unsupervised at any time
- Similarly, support each family in developing a Family Partnership Agreement so the family is able to understand and use goal development as a valuable life skill.
- At a minimum, a Child Development Associate (CDA) or credential of a state-awarded certificate that meets or exceeds the requirements for a CDA credential, or be enrolled in a CDA credential program to be completed within two years of the time of hire.
- Additionally, knowledge of the purpose of the Head Start/Early Head Start program.
- Also, within the first six months of employment must hold a Family Services Credential.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills; ability to follow directions and take initiative.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Head Start Teacher, other staff, parents, and community partners in the provision of high-quality services to children and families.
- Also, the ability to relate sensitively with children and to work well with staff, parents, and families.
- Additionally, the ability to keep all information on families strictly confidential.
- Also, the ability to use Microsoft Office products and on-line client management systems.
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish or English and other languages used by children and families).
- Associate, Baccalaureate or advanced degree in child development, early childhood education or related field preferred.