Applications are open for the Western Balkans Meet Japan 2021 exchange program. The program is fully funded and the deadline is 22nd February 2021.
Details of Western Balkans Meet Japan 2021
- Funding: Fully Funded
- Country: Japan
- Event Date: 10th to 18th May 2021
- Deadline: 22nd February 2021
Western Balkans meet Japan: A Bridge into the longer term could be a youth exchange program, organized beneath the MIRAI Program since 2018, progressing to deepen participants’ understanding of Japan and its policy, to market mutual understandings and reconciliation through intellectual and cultural exchange, and build a basis for future friendly relationship and cooperation between Japan and therefore the Western Balkans.
Please note that the implementation period/format could also be modified.
- on-line pre-exchange program before departure (scheduled in Gregorian calendar month 2021).
- Lectures on Japan and its major policies.
- Courtesy invoke senior ranking officers of MOFA.
- Discussions with Japanese young students / researchers at universities/think tanks.
- Visiting historical sites.
- Learning innovative technologies.
- Visiting native industries and provinces.
- Homestay and learning regarding ancient culture.
- displays on the outcomes of the exchange by participants.
- Follow up discussions among participants and dissemination of data on numerous communication channels.
- Farewell Party.
The language of the program and content are in English.
Round trip international air tickets to Japan by economy category, overseas travel accident insurance, accommodation and transportation in Japan, meals throughout the program, and admission fees for regular activities in Japan are lined by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
- Being a currently enrolled student in an undergraduate or graduate program and aged from 20 to 25 years on the arrival in Japan.
- Living in one of the Western Balkans 6 Contracting Parties and holding a passport issued by one of the WB6 (Applicants who have Japanese nationality are NOT eligible).
- Having a good command of English.
- Neither having participated in exchange or similar program(s) by the Government of Japan nor having lived in Japan.
- Respecting the spirit of reconciliation and cooperation in the Western Balkans.
- Having a valid passport.
In addition to the higher than eligibility criteria, it’s fascinating that candidates have interest in Japan or are concerned in finding out or activities regarding Japan.