Applications call for UN Global Compact Young SDG Innovators Programme 2020
The Young SDG Innovators Programme is an opportunity for participating companies of the UN Global Compact to identify young talent within their organizations to collaborate and accelerate business innovation towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). This ten-month accelerator program activates future business leaders and changemakers to develop and drive innovative solutions through new technologies, initiatives, and business models and delivers on their company’s sustainability objectives.
Details of UN Global Compact Young SDG Innovators Program
- Duration: 10 months
- Open to: All Nationalities
- Deadline: 1st November 2020
The Young SDG Innovators Programme is designed to engage your company’s brightest and best talent in not only advancing your sustainability efforts but driving innovation and delivering tangible solutions with potential market value for your company.
During this nine-month accelerator program, select young professionals (“Innovators”) from UN Global Compact participating companies will:
- Connect to enterprising young professionals in-country and from around the world to leverage the Sustainable Development Goals as a catalyst for the development of new products and services relevant to their business.
- Collaborate with thought leaders in a series of team exercises and interactive learning opportunities involving real-world challenges, peer feedback and sparring, and mentoring and coaching.
- Build organizational learning skills that will enable employees across different functions to develop innovative solutions to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals through new technologies, initiatives, and business models.
- Learning and development resources: A comprehensive curriculum with a blend of learning opportunities including online and in-person workshops, case studies, company visits and forum discussions.
- Professional experience: Connect with other business units and collaborate on innovative projects relative to the company and industry.
- Coaching, mentoring and peer-to-peer networking opportunities: Build working relationships and learn from some of the brightest minds working on sustainability and innovation from around the world.
- Be part of a global network of leading young professionals from some of the top companies across every continent.
As a participating company of the UN Global Compact and your Global Compact Local Network, your company is eligible to nominate high performing young professionals for the programme. This program is designed to target:
- High-performing employees at a participating company of the UN Global Compact
- 35 years or younger
- Interest in business model innovation, sustainability and disruptive technologies