The Halcyon Incubator Program is committed to solving 21st-century challenges throughout the nation and the world. By helping social entrepreneurs transform audacious ideas into scalable and sustainable ventures, the Halcyon Incubator acts as a catalyst for measurable social outcomes. It’s perhaps the most immersive incubator in the world that focuses on both social impact and profit.
Details of Halcyon Incubator Program
- Stipend: $10,000
- Open to: All Nationalities
- Deadline: 12th October 2020
During this 18-month fellowship, a diverse cohort of fellows receives free residency and workspace, mentorship and leadership coaching, robust support from business consultants, and a living stipend to develop their entrepreneurial vision into reality.
Fellows engage with the program in two major stages:
- Residency (5 months): Fellows live and work at the Halcyon Incubator with total access to expert guidance. The Fellows participate in core programming that includes family breakfast, pitch sessions, skill series, health series, advisor office hours, and more. Their hard work and dedication culminate in a final showcase at the end of the residency phase to an audience of 100+ partners, mentors, advisors, supporters, and potential investors.
- Post-Residency (13 months): Fellows continue to work at the Halcyon Incubator, with free access to all resources to further build their networks, secure funding, and grow their venture.
Halcyon’s well-honed methodology fosters creativity through an environment of freedom, access, collaboration, and support. It gives prospective impact leaders the physical and mental space to freely take risks and exercise their ingenuity. By removing barriers and supplying resources, Halcyon empowers visionaries regardless of their means or circumstances. In this way, it disrupts the status quo of who has access to entrepreneurship opportunities.
To be eligible for the Halcyon Incubator, you:
- Must be the CEO or primary decision-maker for the venture’s development and management
- Must be able to make a full-time commitment to work on the venture during the five-month residency phase (February 2021-June 2021)
- Must be able to postpone any undergraduate or graduate course work during the residency phase
- Must already live or work in the U.S. or be able to obtain a visa for the residency phase
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be at least 21 years of age by the start of the program
To be eligible for the Halcyon Incubator, your venture:
- Must be an original idea of the applicant(s)
- Must be in startup idea, MVP, or pilot phase
- Must have less than $500,000 annual revenue
- Must be an independent or autonomous venture that is not under the direction of an existing organization
- Must have plans for a sustainable business model to generate revenue by selling a core product or service
- Can be a for-profit, hybrid, or undecided venture, as long as the core mission is to create measurable social change
- Cannot be a 501(c)(3) non-profit venture
- Can apply with up to two Co-Founders who meet the above eligibility requirements.