Applications are open for TED Global Idea Search 2021. TED is hosting two global idea searches in 2021 with a mission: to listen to big, bold ideas from every corner of the planet . a get group of individuals from each application pool are going to be invited to offer TED Talks, either virtually or face to face .
Details of TED Global Idea Search 2021
- Open to: All Nationalities
- Deadline: 21st January 2021
TED Global Idea Search 2021
Applicants are required to make a 2-minute video as a neighborhood of their submission. The deadline for this round of submissions is January 21, 2021 (11:59 pm EST). If selected for round 2, you will be invited to a virtual event where you’ll talk more about your idea and participate during a Q&A with members of the TED community. Winners are going to be invited to offer a TED Talk, either virtually or face to face .
A TED Talk usually features a topic and a thought .
- A topic may be a high level — the overall direction you would like to require the talk. Topic example: we’d like to repair the opioid crisis
- An idea may be a specific angle that stems from the subject — a singular message, solution, or insight that only you’ll share. Idea example: within the opioid crisis, here’s what it takes to save lots of a life
- This platform is hospitable individuals with ideas that are new, unique, and may offer an insight or a replacement way of thinking to a really large audience.
- Applicants are often from any country round the world.
- Film yourself using good lighting angled towards your face instead of coming from behind you.
- Use a stable camera oriented in horizontal framing (this doesn’t got to be knowledgeable camera — it are often a computer or phone camera), set to the very best resolution. (On most phones, the resolution you would like to use is 4k, 1080.)
- Make sure your sound is obvious and audible (avoid filming outside, and stop objects from rubbing on the microphone).
- Your combined answers to the four questions shouldn’t exceed two minutes. an honest thanks to plan for 2 minutes is to write down out a script that’s around 280-300 words.
- When you are done, upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo and title the video, “your name – TED Global Idea Search”. confirm the video is listed as “public” or “unlisted” in order that we cannot need a password to look at it.
Questions you will need to answer in your video
- Question 1. Who are you and what are your credentials?
- Question 2. what’s the thought you would like to share?
- Question 3. What insights will you allow the audience with?
- Question 4. Why should we invite you to offer a TED Talk?